Advantages of membership:
- Regular hiking meets in the
Drakensberg and elsewhere.
- Regular climbing meets in
KZN and throughout SA.
- Regular sport and
competition climbing events.
- Privileged access to
a significant number of Club-owned properties country-wide, most of which are in wild, isolated and incredibly scenic locations.
- Exclusive use of Cambalala
house on Mikes Pass.
- Reduced fees for, and
access to, other huts owned by the Mountain Club of SA throughout the country.
- Reduced climbing competition entry fees (for some events).
- Social and slide/video
evenings in Durban and PMB.
- Access to Mountain Club
libraries both in Durban and around the country.
- Opportunities to attend
national and international mountaineering events.
- The national MCSA body to
whom we are affiliated is a member of the world mountaineering body, the UIAA. This provides club members with a growing range of priviledges internationally, through reciprocity agreements.
- High quality quarterly newsletters.
- Professional, hardcover journal.
If you would like to join the MCSA KZN Section, please download the membership form below. The form includes details of membership categories and fees.